Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Sunday, February 28, 2010

2/28/10 My Sexy New IRS Friends

Someone asked for a pic once my friends got here, so here they are...

This was my temporary freezer for the day, since SOMEONE filled the basement one (luckily the deer weren't interested in SF Popsicles).

We went from electric to gas (4 burners plus a center long one). The oven is convection and I have no clue how to use it on that setting, but that's the one instruction book I will read since I like to bake. DH is a typical man...there won't be any 'reading of instructions first'...he spent the day chatting it up with the delivery guys and then the installer...he says the guys told him everything he needs to know LOL. Microwave is pretty standard.

Love the new fridge, it holds more than our last one with the french doors there's less wasted space and the drawers for the freezer are much nicer than fishing through the back of our old side by side.

I'm outing myself again..Why yes, those are labels on the fridge shelves...Haven't you been listening?...I'm a little OCD (my family says 'anal')...I have a label maker and I'm not afraid to use it!

Love how much quieter the dishwasher is...our last one sounded like an airplane taking off.

Thank you IRS and the law that changed for making this all possible.

15 comments:

Kristen said...

Look at all those sexy new appliances!! Good thinking about putting everything outdoors, you have your non-blonde moments!

Nicole said...

WOW!! Amazing new appliances..I am droooooooling! LOVE the labels, I would do that but my hubby wouldn't pay attention to them lol

sdh5463 said...

I am so jealous!!! I want some new sexy IRS (I read really fast the first time thru and thought it said IRiS) friends too!

Camille said...

Wow! Labels. In the Fridge. I LOVE the new stainless. Makes me wonder what we will do with our big check from Uncle Sam.

Linda said...

I love the fridge style! Plus gas is way better to cook on - that's why restaurants have it. Enjoy your new kitchen. Also I'm behind on commenting - so CONGRATULATIONS on hitting goal!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Very nice. We want to revamp our kitchen so bad. Hoping to get new oven, dishwasher, countertops and cabinet doors within next few months.

Gen said...

Beautiful new stuff! You would be mortified to see the inside of our fridge. Label maker is not in my vocabulary!

THE DASH! said...

Such shiny tools - sigh - love it!! That fridge is similar to ours and I wish I could keep it so well stocked. If it's not nailed down in this house it's gone! lol.

Tina said...

Congratulations! Goal and new appliances..life doesn't get better :)..Thanks for stopping off at my blog. I will add you soon!

Anonymous said...

You make me smile again. I am so happy for you thanks for sharing. I will need to keep dreaming for just a little longer. I would like new counter tops as mine are bright orange and remind me of the Brady Bunch Kitchen. LOL Best wishes imaluckydog

Jenny said...

Totally jealous of your french door fridge!! This time of year although a pain in the butt, can be wonderful when you get a return!!

LDswims said...

Ooh...you got the same stuff we have! You'll love it! Our fridge is an LG...but at the time I bought it, it was the only one with ice/water in the door. But stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher...same stuff (save a built in oven and countertop range). I love cooking on gas...the whole time I was in my apartments I had to use electric and it's just not the same. (Grew up/learned with gas appliances and so much easier to cook with...easier to keep a temp.) So pretty!!! Enjoy.

And don't worry about investing in expensive stainless steel cleaner (if you don't already know.) Method makes the best stuff I've found - and I highly recommend the individual wipes. If you get the spray stuff and spray too much on, you go from handprints to streaks that smear for weeks afterwards... I have been told vinegar works wonders (or window cleaner) but I prefer the Method wipes over anything.

Barbara R. said...

BG,
I was going to get the exact new appliances in the next couple of months. But my old little schnauzer got sick about 2wks ago and wham, vet bills that total over 2 thousand bucks. So, I will have to wait for awhile. But so happy to see your photos. What make is the stove and dishwasher?
By the way, my little dog is slowly recovery and is worth every penny I spent.
Barbara

Lap Band Groupie said...

Nicole- 3 teens and DH all love to cook and are in the fridge every 5 min.; the labels keep me sane.

LD- Loving the gas, and thanks for the cleaner tip! I'm hoping since my kids aren't tiny the fingerprints won't drive me insane LOL.

Barbara- So sorry to hear about your pup and glad he/she's recovering. They're all Whirlpool brand and all are the Whirlpool 'Gold' series, and we got them from Lowe's.

...OK, I'm giving you all permission to spend those tax returns (if you get one, we thought we were going to owe) to reward your hard work with your LB! You deserve it!!!

Girl Bandit said...

They look beautiful....my husband labeled our pantry and even put a label in the freezer that says check the back freezer for bread and chicken. He thought while I was out of action last year he would take over....well he is out again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails