Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Sunday, February 14, 2010

2/14/10 Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We had a great movie and dinner out last night for our early Valentine's celebration. I did well on the eating front at PF Changs. I had a glass of White wine, 1 chicken lettuce wrap (with not very much filling), and about 1/2C of Chicken w/cashews & almonds, and 1/2C or less of brown rice. The other couple ordered a dessert for all of us to try, I think it was banana spring rolls and I had 1 section (about 1/4 C max or probably less). So more than I usually eat as it was probably 1.5-maybe 2C max, but we were there for hours, so I ate very slowly and never felt stuffed.

I NEED FASHION HELP!
We ran out of time to take pics before we left, so I had DS2 take these this morning in the outfit I wore (excuse the makeup and hair). I was having a fashion crisis last night and need your advice before I forget for next time (DD is gone until Monday). This was my first time wearing leggings since stirrup pants were in (yes, I tried putting on the thighshaper bodywear, but with the leggings the thigh 'muffin bottoms' showed...I'm thinking I need ankle to neck body armour). I have 3 long sweaters I bought to go with these leggings. DH talked me into wearing flats instead of the heels since it's so icy out. So here's the question...I know some short heel boots would be best (I need to buy some), but can you wear leggings with regular heels? If so, are the knee-high black hose I wore OK, or am I to be bare ankled?

Yes, I'm talking to DS2 through my smile about how to use the camera. Oh, and look at those boobs I borrowed from Victoria! If you ever see my before/after's you'll see those aren't mine (but the 'butt shelf' is) LOL!

Have a great day with your sweeties! Mine is taking the 5 boys back to PSU, but should be home in the next hour or so! ((Love and Hugs)) -BG

PS- Haven't the Olympics been great!!! We got to spend the evening hanging with the boys!

*Edited to add:

These are DD's...I'm going to need 'husky girl' boots as I couldn't even zip these half way up! Does anyone sell them with XL calves LOL?

20 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

You look amazing!! So, I'm not to the point of wearing leggings yet, but I have some very fashionable girlfriends that wear them regularly. They would tend to wear high calf black boots with the outfit you've got on here. If you chose to do high heels, or ankle boots, they would probably go sans socks. Just my thinking, but anxious to see what other advice you get.

Rebekah said...

WOW!!! Look at you, hot thing! You look great!

Nicole said...

You look amazing!I agree high boots would look adorable! Are you wearing the Victoria 2 cups size bra?? I tried it on didn't buy it but I think I may :)

http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

You look awesome.. SO different from your lapband talk. conrats..

Lap Band Groupie said...

See my 'edit' at the end above.

Thanks girls...Nicole it's not one of those, but it should be...it has a HUGE amount of padding...the padding on the bottom half of the cup is more than an inch thick LOL!

Barbara said...

Wow you are a hottie.. working those leggings and boots.. must feel great...

Anonymous said...

You look amazing, the butt looks great in that outfit!!!! I would go with the calf boots or high boots like you have on..they make them with some stretch and you should find them on sale right now as well.

LDswims said...

You can wear heels with the leggings if the leggings stop right above your ankle. Otherwise, wear the boots.

Yes, the boots are sold with xl calves. Although be ware...as you continue to lose weight...those will get to loose.

I wouldn't wear the leggings with ankle boots. Either all the way or nothing. If you do heels and not boots...you can do it either way - with or without the knee high nylons.

But no matter what...YOU LOOK AMAZING! HOT HOT HOT! I hope your DH was ga-ga over you last night (and all the rest of the time, too)!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Linda said...

I love the leggings! You're legs are so skinny, so they really work. You could wear skinny jeans too.
I like the boots with them, but the heels look fine too. I'm not sure what my feelings are about no socks - I guess I'd have to see it. That being said I tend to go sock-less most of the time.
You look great!

THE DASH! said...

Oh myyy, you look just fantastic. Boots or flats would both work wonderfully with this outfit. You are tall and slim and you will be able to get away with a lot. I do like the line of the boots though for going out at night - a little more dressy (sexy boots and heel by the way in that pic!!) You look fab!!!!! And husky girl boots? Pfft to that - you look like those shapely calves of yours will fit into anything. :)

Camille said...

I like ballet flats with leggings or definitely calf high boots. I think ankle boots can cut you off to low and make your legs look short. You have great long legs. I also think the new legging style jeans would look good on you. Try a lot of boots on, some regular ones will fit you I'm sure. The stiletto boots you are wearing look perfect. Happy V-Day!!!

Tiffani said...

HUBBA HUBBA!!! You look great!!!

Have only had PF Changs 2 times.. once at home, once at the restaurant... but it is so yummy! Great... thanks for the new craving. ;)

Girl Bandit said...

Wow...you look amazing. I can't believe you ever were big. Fantastic. Just found your blog. I would wear long boots.

Unknown said...

I'd have to ask my fashion police daughter and maybe she'll chime in but I'm agog at you!! Honestly, you don't have a shelf at all, not even a window sill butt! :) You look fantastic and so skinny! You are my inspiration for my goal pic...leggings! :)

Gen said...

All I have to say is...You are TOTALLY skinny! Wow!

On the leggings - wrong person to ask. I wear leggings only with skirts, and almost only with Uggs. Ski country fashion I guess.

Your butt looks great too. That is NOT a butt shelf. See my "before" pics for a real butt shelf!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You look fabulous. Glad you had a good time at dinner. I have zero fashion sense so I can't offer any advice there.

Trixie

Kristin said...

SKINNY SKINNY woman! I'm with Gen, there is no butt shelf there. I've got a good one, you could set a table on it. Seriously. But not for too much longer, I hope.

I really like the higher boots or ballet flats. Not a fan of ankle boots in general. Seriously, though, it doesn't matter - you look AMAZING. No one's gonna be looking at your feet.

Dirttrackdiva said...

HOLY COW MAMA, YOU'RE HOT! You look absolutely amazing. So proud of you.

As for the leggings, I wear knee high boots, flats, and pumps with mine. It just depends on what shirt I'm wearing. If it's casual or if I want to dress it up a little.

If I'm wearing boots I'll wear socks, not knee high pantyhose, but just regular socks. Who would know the difference right? With pumps or flats, it depends on if I want my tatoos to show or not (I have one on the top of each foot). If I don't want them to show, I wear trouser socks. If it's not a big deal, I don't wear socks.

Amy W. said...

Well, now you have depressed me. If YOUR skinny legs and calves do not fit into regular boots...there is no hope for me....ever...

and what...are you 8 feet tall.

Sigh...

Lap Band Groupie said...

Thanks for all the help...I need a personal shopper!

Oh, and remember...you haven't seen the before butt shelf...maybe I'll post that for inspiration for you all.

OK, I'm on the hunt for some knee high (and wide) black boots. Amy, I'll let you know if I need the extra wides for my cankles and falves=fat calves (and I'm currently 5'8.5"...lost an inch or so), but I do have long legs for my height...don't give up hope yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails