Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/10 208 & 198 Heads

Thank you followers 81-85! Well isn't this fun...watching my chins grow!!! Enjoy!

Happy Saturday all! Hope you all watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics last night. I always get a chill watching all the countries march in. In this world of ours with all it's problems, bad economies and wars it's always wonderful to see that we can come together in this way!

Oh, just in case I'm not back...let me wish you happy VD now! No, NOT the STD (although I'll warn you not to get too amorous with people you don't know). Happy Valentine's Day! We're celebrating early going out with friends this afternoon for a movie and early dinner at PF Changs. I'll try to remember to take a photo to post.

DS1 made it back from college late last night and he looks/feels good (just 2 more weeks until the mono should be completely out of his system). He's out with PSU students all day today 'canning' (asking for donations) for childhood cancer (Four Diamonds Charity dedicated to wiping out pediatric cancer through research and caring for patients at the PSU Hershey Children's Hospital). PSU has a modern day 'dance marathon' ('Thon' http://www.thon.org/ ) every February. It's the largest student run philanthropy in the world and they raised over 7 million last year. The students fill the seats of the indoor basketball stadium and they stand and dance for 48 hours (next weekend, that should be fun, hope he doesn't get tired from the mono). They have lots of guests (and families/kids with cancer) come and encourage the students all through the event.

Anyway, we'll be home early so when DS1 is done we'll be able to spend some time with him as DH is taking the group back to school early tomorrow (they all have plans with GF's for Valentine's Day).

Happy weekend all!

13 comments:

Athena's Melting said...

Have a great time!

Natalia said...

Yay for the new heads! :) Have great time with your son this weekend, and Happy VD to you too!

Kristin said...

BG, my sister did Thon! It made a huge impression on her. She danced one year, then decided afterward she could better put her skills to volunteering. Too much dancing really is too much, lol. Happy V-Day to you and your family.

diane said...

Sounds great...my DH is taking his other love (our dog) hunting!!They'll come back tomorrow and make us a nice pheasant dinner I hope...Quinn helps with the plucking!

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love the heads! Look at the difference that every single ten pounds makes in your face(sans the looking up picture in which you look about 18 and 108 pounds!)! That is AWESOME to see these side by side! W00-HOO!

LDswims said...

I love the pic! What a difference!

Thon sounds awesome. I hope your DS1 holds up well through that. Glad to hear he's just about got the mono beat!

And Happy V Day to you, too! Enjoy PF Changs! I wish we had one closer to us...

Unknown said...

Great pics, you look wonderful. Hope the evening is a success with lots of good food choices!

THE DASH! said...

Have fun!! Bet you had fun on your evening!

Canadian Bird said...

I'm a Canadian, so the Winter Olympics is like crack to me... especially THIS year! :) I'm lovin' every minute of it (with big tears)!

Dinnerland said...

I am too much of a tech-spaz to figure out how to even insert comparison shots. I heart my IT guy at work... whenever i need anything, I call him up. Sometimes it can be as dumb as my computer got unplugged.
I am a doofus!
I do enjoy your 'heads' tho...

Camille said...

Looking Good!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

imaluckydog said...

BG Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!!

I just want to say Thank you to Canada for such a beautiful opening ceremony it was great. We have always skied at Whistler BC and we were there when they won the bid seven years ago to host the 2010 Olympics. Boy do they know how to party!!! Best wishes to all the athletes from all the countries.
I was in tears as we watched the Women's Mogul skiing competition last night. Hannah Kearney is friend and my kids ski coach. She was also an inspiration that got back into skiing. I just wished the US TV showed the medal ceremony. I did not see it where I live. I will have to search the internet for it. I am sure someone put it on you tube or something. Packing the car and heading to Vermont as I write this.

Best wishes to everyone and stay positive. I had a ruff week!!! I am looking forward to a little vacation. Love imaluckydog

Lap Band Groupie said...

Thanks all...yeah, this 'unveiling' is supposed to help me prepare for those 'befores'...it's just making me cring though. Well, more motivation to never go back!

Kath, have a great time...that moguls event was great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails