Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/10 Who ARE you people?!!

HOLY MOTHER OF LAP BANDS! The one week in my blogging life where I had NO access to the Internet and all HELL breaks loose!

As you know I was away being slave labor for my parents (yes, I owe them...and my kids owe me; trust me, I'm keeping tabs...29 hours of hard labor for the first child alone should get me a floor when I need one). Here I was kneeling for a week and straining muscles I never knew I had to get up and down off the floor a gazillion times (no, I could never have done this last year as my middle Sis pointed out...and I'm counting these as squats BTW...and can I just say again I have so many bruises it looks like someone hit me repeatedly with a baseball bat), and no, I didn't even ask for some music to work by (it would have been 1950-60's elevator 'muzack' anyway) because I had big things to think through in my solitude of working for a whole week! There I was ruining what was left of my fingernails and deep in thought contemplating chapters for the book...and now I was also suddenly tasked with which tropical beach location I could plan a Band getaway to, since all my blogger friends were suggesting a mini-vaca...How could I get all these non-OCD-spontaneous wild LBers enticed to meet me somewhere fun (the Midwest in Fall, where I live, would NEVER do for these gals)...and while I was offline deep in thought over these life shattering issues and solving world of Blogger problems.......and my blogging world blew up LOL!

All this time you led me to believe that I was the ONLY 'almost' OCD planner out here with anal tendencies and compulsions to create spreadsheets out the gazoo with detailed lists of possible activities/phone numbers/addresses/maps even a full 6 months before our family vacations. All this time you sat back and poked fun of my 'planning crazy', my labels on my refrigerator shelves and my pantry shelves oops, did I just say this out loud?. You laughed at my comparisons of the three LB seminars I attended, my 'Questions to Ask the Surgeon', my research into my port-site location and my port-hole belly pic. Do you even remember what happened when I posted my 'Overnight Hospital Packing List' for surgery on LBT?!! I was chided so much I was afraid to post again for a week!!! Did anyone ever chime in to say they had a longer list?...emmmh...no. I was ALONE with my almost-OCD planning...and now...my blog world has turned upside down!

I came home and turned on my computer this morning to check my week's worth of emails...WHAT ARE ALL THESE EMAILS ABOUT 'BOOBS'? Haven't I told them repeatedly that I've lost my boobs (I'm still looking for them and there's a reward if you find them BTW)? WHAT'S THIS? These wild, spontaneous, laugh at my planning, LB girls have planned a weekend getaway?!! In a week?!!! How long was I really gone (I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone)?!! They've picked a city (Midwest in the Fall...Really LOL?! I was thinking it would take Mickey Mouse or at least a warm beach J and the promise of Cabana Boys with umbrella drinks!), AND a date?!! They've got a logo (too cute Joey)...they've got activities (Is a '5k' the name of a new cocktail?)...and some of them already have flights booked?!! Seriously, did I just wake up from a year long food-coma? How long have I been gone?!

You pick the ONE week I'm offline to go all OCD on me?!! I missed all the suggesting, voting, the list making, the new blog creating, the research and planning...even SPREADSHEETS?...I MISSED my DREAM week in 'almost' OCD-land?!! *Hangs head and sniffles*

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!! ...and what have you done with my wild, spontaneous, non-'almost' OCD blogging friends?!!! You're all officially out of the 'almost' OCD/planner closet now! I'm SO not alone anymore.

Now excuse me while I go off to find out more about 'BOOBs'.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Missed you!!

Sandy said...

There were so many posts about e-mailing BG but you were off-line. It just snowballed or in today's terminology-it went viral. We don't live in Kansas anymore with snail mail. We might even have a visitor from OZ coming to Chicago.

But just a minute-you can join in OR put on your planning hat for next years 2nd BOOB event. You could add activities like-Arm Workout 101-laying flooring. Butt Workout 202-Sanding, scraping and painting on a ladder.

Hope you get through all the posts-it has been an exhausting week. I finally realize what in the moment means now.

TJ said...

I know they are crazy aren't they. I can't believe how much they got done in just a few days. And there are around 33 people that have already confirmed! I planned my last vaca a year ahead of time, but in nooo way did I get it done as quick and as organized as they did.

Steph said...

It's up to 36 now and yes, some of us (me included) have already booked flights with woemn coming from Australia and Dubai! I've started a list of people who want to room together or who are looking for roommates, so I guess I am a little OCD too. Then again, I am the same girl who has her family vacations planned out for the next decade already. ~sigh~

Dirttrackdiva said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!! i forgot you were off the grid for a week and i thought you'd been eaten by an aligator or something. whew!!!! lol
yeah the trip thing kinda fell in our laps. just so you know, i've been showing my true colors the whole time. lol i suck at that stuff. no worries here. lol
glad to have you back my friend.

sdh5463 said...

I am so glad you are back BG, But I am so freaking disappointed that I cannot attend BOOB's this year... We are so close, maybe we can get to the next one together.

CC said...

i started giggling at the beginning and was full on belly laughing by the end of the this post! too much...thanks for the ab workout :-)

-Grace- said...

Now I am cackling! So glad you are back from the land of forced labor and muzack! ;)

Gen said...

You better be there BG!!!!

Sherry said...

I sooo hope you can come...I was away for the last three days and feel totally out of the loop too. Its like lap band land has erupted.

LDswims said...

Now please tell me you are so proud and that you'll be there!!!

I missed it, too. Mostly. In my drug induced haze I seemed to have an inability last week to actually get on my laptop. Or to put the laptop on me. Whatever. But I was not reading anything...had a vague awareness of the plans but I thought it was in June...until last night...when I discovered it was in Sept...and then I bought my ticket. :)

Joey said...

OMG - we have to invent a cocktail called the "5K". Then we can say we completed three 5Ks last night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails