Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Sunday, April 26, 2009

4/26/09 Domestic Dominatrix

Well today is my last day to get help around here getting ready for DD's graduation party. DH is traveling to San Francisco Wednesday through Friday (dinnertime), which is exactly when his family arrives (they're coming a day early, but at least everyone is staying at a hotel this time). The boys have pretty full schedules with track, work, and other lessons this week, so if I want anything moved, packed up, leaves put in tables, in other words anything that weighs more than a few pounds, then today's my chance to order everyone around…umm…I mean…ask for help. Like most busy families we have a few piles of unfinished projects laying around (shelves of Stars Wars toys my DS1 collected as a young child that he wants to box up and put in the attic before going off to college, piles of too small clothes, etc.). I'm waiting for my pain meds to kick in and then hopefully I'll get busy like my usual OCD-tendency superstar-cleaner self.

This morning I thought I'd turned the corner. I held off my last daily dose of pain meds until right before bedtime last night hoping I'd sleep through the night for once. It worked and I slept until 5am…not exactly all night, but I was happy. I came downstairs for about 3 hours then got very drowsy so I decided to go back to bed. Then I got cocky. I saw how well some of my band buddies banded this week were doing; heck some of them are sleeping on their sides already. Well that sounded wonderful to me (I'm a side sleeper), and look at me I'm doing well today…and heck, I'm LORD OF THE RING now aren't I? So I had DH help me and I got back into bed and slowly turned to my right side as my hugely swollen belly tried to flop down toward the bed. HOLY *Insert Catholic school girl curse words here* (we don't really know how to curse so things like 'Holy Sister Arcangela' come out)!!! OK…I…can't….breath!!! What happened???!! Did the surgeon sneak back in and start cutting me open again just for grins??!!! Must…turn…to…back…NOW!!! *more CSG cursing* Whew! More…pain…meds…NOW! I felt like someone was ripping my left rib out through my abdominal muscles! Pain meds…sweet relief…I was almost breathing normally when I fell asleep.

Two and a half hours later I'm up…back to being super sore, but up. Now I know why people keep posting that they just know they've done something to mess up their band surgery. I'm NOT a worrier, especially about me, but for the first half-hour I was up I was convinced that I dislodged those stitches that hold your band to your stomach and now it's slipped. The next half-hour was devoted to; I ripped the stitches off my port and now it's flipped over so I proceeded to prod my very sore left side where the port is…smart I know. I'm over it now. While I'm pretty sure I 'disturbed something' (DH's words), the chances that I caused permanent damage are slim and there's nothing I can do about it now anyway. See, again I'm my own worst enemy AND my cup is always more than half full. No more Lord of the Ring for me…I back to being a minion of the ring and I obviously still have a lot to learn.

Now on to my domestic dominatrix duties...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails