Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20/09 Countdown... 5! 4! 3! 2!...

*Portion of Post Deleted for Lap Band Book

I called my bariatric coordinator this morning because I noticed the post-op diet I received in class didn't jive with what the NUT gave me. Apparently they just revised it and took off fruit and vegetable juice. So, for the first 2-3 weeks post-op the only calories I'm allowed are broth (almost no cal...but the homemade stuff I made is probably got more nutrients than the canned, thank goodness!), and 3 8oz. glasses of skim milk (how many calories could possibly be in 3C of skim milk...I'll have to look that up). I was about to complain that I'll be fainting on only a few calories a day when she said I can add some very low cal SF powdered drink mix to the milk, like SF Carnation (we still can't find that one, so DH just found me another one). I know I won't be hungry the first week, but I'm going to be starving after that...I know...it's all pay-back for the no pre-op diet. Ahh well, I’m not complaining…yet (LOL).

DH and I are going out tonight for our 27th anniversary, since I certainly won't be up to anything but broth on our actual anniversary this Friday.

I've been wildly getting things ready today; called my insurance to make sure the home prescriptions are covered (apparently Nexium sometimes isn't covered, but it is on ours), I started packing for the hospital, made a list of info. for DH, scrubbed my body with anti-bacterial soap as instructed, shaved my stomach and I can't tell the difference...my tiny blonde hairs were almost invisible, but now I can say it’s already done when they come at me with the dull dry razor (thanks for cluing me in that it's better to do this at home…and I’m coming after you if I sprout dark stomach hairs this summer), and I drew up my porthole (thanks Lena) picture on paper…those in-the-know will remember I have a choice on my port site. I still haven’t come up with whether I need words or not, but I’m a little afraid he won’t get it or think it’s a badly done tattoo and avoid that area completely. I’ll have to do this upside down on myself as DH can’t trace a straight line to save his life. If it turns out badly I’ll scrap the idea, but if I go for it I’ll take a pic for you. Off to finish packing...

Countdown...5! 4! 3! 2!...
Posted Image

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails