Share

I'm on a new journey to pay-it-forward & with the support of my Groupies/friends...

I'm writing a LAP BAND BOOK!!!



Monday, September 21, 2009

9/21/09 I'll Follow The Sun

Haven't you heard? Today's the last full day of Summer; tomorrow is the first day of Autumn (well, at least up here on the top half of the World)! Yeah Baby, get out your bikini and run through that sprinkler one more time…Slip 'N Slide?...Don't mind if I do!

I don't know about you, but this summer went by like a flash. I know it will be one I'll always remember!

Have you ever thought about all that beautiful sunshine and where it comes from?

It looks like a speck of dust on the surface of the sun. But this spectacular picture shows the space shuttle Atlantis alongside the International Space Station (ISS) silhouetted as they orbit the earth.
The image was taken in Normandy by French astrophotographer Thierry Legault. He used a digital camera attached to a $7,000 specially fitted telescope.
The next image (below) is an enlargement.


The shuttle and the space station can be seen in orbit 250 miles above the earth while the sun is 93 million miles away. Stop and think for a while about how far away the sun is from the camera
compared to the shuttle and station. It will blow your mind.



I thought I'd celebrate the last of summer with one last great summer sunset. Here's some music to click on and play as you enjoy the sunset on another wonderful summer...click HERE. Enjoy…

















Keep reaching for the sun all!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails